FCP Video and After Effects Editor
We're on a mission to find a motivated, talented and experienced person who is passionate about creating video and motion graphic content, and new media overall, that captures, stimulates and energizes the learning or understanding of others. This person must be proficient with Final Cut Pro and After Effects on the Mac. This person will be in charge of creating and developing content throughout the post-production process, from digital ingestion all the way to final output and compression. The ideal candidate should possess the proper balance of technical proficiency and creativity. Each candidate should be a self-motivated team player and posses an eye for details. You should be comfortable with tight deadlines, all while still delivering a product that exceeds the high standards our clients expect from us.
- Video post-production general tasks
- Capturing and logging media, and preparing all assets for each edit session
- Organizing and managing media for online applications
- Basic assemble, SFX and VO editing, movie compressions and DVD creation with basic menus
- Generating creative multi-layer effects
- Quality control check of all media assets
- Assisting the creative and technical leads on the team as needed
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with team members and vendors to ensure the timely development and distribution of video and graphic materials
- BA in video post production or related
- 2-4 years experience after relevant education or 4-6 without degree
- Must understand linear and non-linear video editing concepts and techniques in order to meet the major job responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of workflow between Final Cut Pro and After Effects
- Well rounded understanding of most of the following: Digital content creation, video and interactive scripts, script notes, storyboards, animatics, shot logs, EDL management
- Knowledge of video and audio hardware and signal flow
- Thorough understanding of 2D compositing, blue and green screen keying, etc.
- Thorough understanding of compression and preparing video content for the internet, downloading, streaming, as well as HD/SD broadcast standards sizes and codecs
- Basic troubleshooting and maintenance capability of Mac OS X environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, self-initiate, set objectives, manage performance, and adhere to daily and weekly deadlines
- Natural ability to self-develop and progressively learn to meet work challenges
- Experience adhering to departmental budget and milestones
- Must be able to embrace change and adjust quickly to work demands and shifting priorities
- Successful experience in marketing and training applications in medical, health and science areas preferred
- Successful experience in military and/or defense related issues preferred
Software Knowledge Requirements:
- Final Cut Pro 6.0 or later
- DVD Studio Pro 4
- Microsoft office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Adobe CS4
- Other Final Cut Studio applications like Motion, Color, Soundtrack, etc.
- 3D knowledge a bonus
Submit Demo examples for this position.
Reels should be submitted on DVD-Video or CD and will not be returned. Demo examples should demonstrate these proficiencies:
- Creative storytelling, especially short form in 30 seconds to 30 minutes.
- Pacing and breadth of editorial styles
- Basic creative audio mixing with dialog, VO, music and SFX
- Motion graphics, title and logo treatments, etc.
Ideally, send a link to your reel online. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
This is a straight compensation as firm fixed price or per hour rate dependent upon project. Professionals with successful / proven track record only need apply.
Type: Part Time / Full Time
Location: This position is based in Westlake Village, CA