Writer / Editor
We're on a quest to find a person who is devoted to writing and creating materials that advance the understanding of others. This person will be in charge of researching, developing, and delivering script outlines and scripts for marketing and/or interactive training-based projects. Range of work may also extend to marketing communication areas, proposals and planning documents. The individual will be a detailed, yet creative, thinker with the ability to also work closely with customers as well as producers and developers. The range of work includes content for marketing, training and/or educational applications focused on areas such as: health care, advanced technology, logistics and science. Experience in military and defense topics is a plus.
This is a straight compensation as firm fixed price or per hour rate dependent upon project. Professionals with successful track record only need apply.
- Participate in the development of communications plans to promote client strategic communication goals, and initiatives
- Write and edit articles, documents and other materials for marketing and education programs including the Visual Eyes Web sites, VEnet (intranet) customer service portal, e-Newsletters, communications materials, blog, brand advertising and press materials
- Work with other internal teams to write and edit content for letters, proposals, reports and other documents
- Participate in the development and production of communications deliverables including brochures and collateral material, fact sheets, print and electronic newsletters, direct mail pieces, advertising, website content, etc.
- Develop key messages based on a thorough understanding of the situation and audience
- Coordinate Subject matter Experts, legal and stakeholder reviews of materials to ensure accuracy
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with team members and vendors to ensure the timely development, inventory and distribution of education materials
- Establish methods for obtaining feedback; track, evaluate, analyze and report results of communication materials to measure their impact
- BA degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising, communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5+ years of professional writing experience for video, interactive, web and/or and technical information-based programs
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead, self-initiate, set objectives, manage performance, and adhere to deadlines
- Superior verbal, written communication and editing skills, including the ability to articulate and simplify complex issues and present in plain language
- Communicate clearly and concisely, adapting writing style for different audiences and both print and electronic media
- The ability to effectively work cross-functionally with all levels of staff as well as external organizations and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Must be able to embrace change and adjust quickly to work demands and shifting priorities
- Successful experience in marketing and training applications in medical, health and science areas preferred
- Successful experience in military and/or defense related issues preferred
- Demonstrated ability for designing, implementing, setting deadlines, and ensuring program accountability and compliance
- Experience adhering to departmental budget and milestones
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Type: Freelance / Full Time
Location: This position is based in Westlake Village, CA. Southern California-based applicants preferred. Off-site or distance-based applicants with specialized qualifications also considered for special projects.